View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 02:26 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fumotec Komatsu 490 LC build

Now the modification of the counterweight.
Having seen this on a German forum, I figured I might try it too. Maybe not as professionally done, but it did work out.

Drilled a couple of holes to kind of mark out the area to be cut and loaded the Dremel with a plastic cutter.

You can also see the scratches in the primer from trying to fit it to the carriage. (the holes are not deep enough either so need drilling out)

Lots of room in there! I also bent a piece of metal to rest the battery on, and to tie the back to the front for strength.

Used Milliput for additional strength on top of the metal supports. Had made 2 extra pieces for metal for support, but they ended up not needed. (Yes looks hideous, but it works)

Slightly better looking when painted in primer

From here on it is finishing touches.

Painted in primer

Stickers applied

Windows and interior cabin installed. Towels in case of leaking oil (one never knows)

"Only" have to clean up the electronics and fine tune the settings on the RC

All the details like railings and mirrors are painted, but not installed because our cats are too interested in messing with them. Will do that once I have a storage box made.

Well that's where we are at as of today ... All in all a very satisfying model to build and just enough things to sort out to keep it interesting.

When I have time I'll see if I can get some action shots ... still have lots of training to do to get my coordination right and get the model to do what I want.

I better go looking for my soldering iron and shorten some of those wires.

Cheers!

Stephan