View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fumotec Komatsu 490 LC build

After 8 months, time to check up on the 490 LC ... Been postponing sorting the electrics for too long. The thing worked without a hitch and you couldn't see the mess, so didn't feel the need ...

However when I checked under the hood a veritable mess was apparent. Bit embarrassing really.

Also noticed some chafing of the low pressure return lines.

First "fixed" the awkward fit of the pressure regulator and manometer hook up.
Didn't have to make an oily mess. Just repositioning and fixing it right took care of that.

Added an extra security to the T-connector with some wire to prevent it from moving sideways.

Tried to put the ESCs from the slewing mechanism and pump under the servos of the valves, but that didn't work out.

So just made a quick "box" to toss them in as a temporary solution.

Not really ideal at the moment, but had to sort something out.

Never even got around to shortening the wires. Will do that when I come up with a better tray for the ESCs and receiver. Receiver should be able to fit underneath. and then the antenna can go in a better place too.

Having the antenna sitting on the power connections and looping the + wire around the cable was not my brightest idea. Made for some funny interference.

The receiver and power connections are sitting on a ΒΌ" thick piece of high density foam and some wood (don't ask - but it's teak ) for now until I come up with a better overal solution. Well at least it looks a bit better.

This will need a little more thought put in.

Hopefully this time it doesn't take another 8 months.

Stephan