View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
You've done a fantastic job on this so far! We had a military tri-axle foldable goose neck at work for a couple years that required a winch to hook up to. Since we were using it for testing and didn't take it on the highway, we cheated and welded a couple legs to each side so we could use any available tractor to move it. It was a pain because the legs weren't timed, you had to crank each side separately.
The king pin was in a tube and was gravity activated. It was a 4" pin (read heavy) vs. a standard 2" pin. I would think you could do the same, maybe add a lite spring to make sure it drops when it needs to.
Thank you!! I didn't even know about the kingpin until a little while ago. The spring I was thinking of is some simple strip of spring steel attached to deck (metal part) and resting on top of pin. This whole project was to show the wife how lazy I can be not having to move from any location yet still play with multiple toys I'm almost there . Although trying to be lazy has been a lot of work!!! Originally my thoughts were for the winch but having to mod the truck,,, well at the time i thought a trailer would be easier, I know my logic doesn't always work out. Lol!!