View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Made all the shafts and cut retaining clip grooves. Between the arms I installed Teflon washers to help misalignments and ease of movement.

Added the other two actuators.

Bottom side with neck in the up position

And I may have underestimated the power of these actuators, the metal that is bent against the aluminum was just a temporary piece to help locate where to put a stop. They bent that rather easily as it's not structural bent and temporary but it also bent the frame ibeams!! I still haven't figured what would be best to limit the trailer raise to help facilitate the neck lift. Some 1:1 use chains or pins. Still a work in progress

And just another overall pic.

Added the mixes to radio for all four actuators. They are independently plugged into 1-4 channels and work by throwing a switch then on a dial so the trailer can be raised/lowered to any position. So I guess next step is to get the I-beams bent back and figure out the stops. Then rear bumper, between wheel frame additions, decking, paint, ect. Thought this project was going to be a "quick" fun build. It has been fun and some burnt brain cells along way!!!