Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Howdy All!!!

Well today I think I lost it. I spent 6 hours building the radiator for the truck and the core of it won't even be easily seen.

I used all but 1.5" of one 12 x 6 sheet of .010" styrene to build this.

I first sent the sheet of styrene through my paper shredder to achieve several 9/32" wide strips. The strips came out with a slightly serrated edge which I left it gave quit a good effect.

I then took some of the strips and chopped them up into 1/16" pieces. Then the fun began. I cut the other strips into pieces 2 1/4" long then welded 5 of the little piece to that then laid another strip on that and kept going from there till I had a core 1 1/4" high. ( I did this in two parts that is why the crooked line of the spacers But I am not re-doing it.)

Then I built a fan shroud for it, and a top and bottom tank with the hose connection. (Bottom hose connection not shown in pictures)

Now You have to look just right to see the core in the shroud and I am now going to build another one slightly narrower for the charge air cooler. So therefore when that is done you won't even be able to see the core on the radiator, but hey at least I know it's there and accurate, and now you all do as well..

-Mike