View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone else using the new Futaba 4YWD?

I have a 4YF running my truck and it experiences the issues you describe almost to a tee.
The blinking reverse lights and sound always happens.
The lazy right turn signal still happens too but I've minimized the engine shut down by placing the right vertical trim just south a notch or 2.
When you do move your trims do it slowly and not a quick zip to max.
When functions won't work check your left stick centre, things won't work if it's out just a bit. Once I found the proper centre I marked with a fine paint marker.
To make the hazards work, once you move the right stick up and return to centre, give it a small pull down and return to centre. I bet your hazards will work. To shut them off, repeat process. Try it and let me know.

Funny thing is... Some days the truck works perfect and never misses a beat! I spent 3 days at the Indy show last year and never had a problem! It ran great at the Clifford show but other times I have nothing but constant shutdowns
It's really weird.

My wife's truck has a older Airtronics VG 600 FM radio and that thing is awesome! never, ever glitches, all functions run great no problems at all and no visible antenna on the truck. I attached the wire to one of the stacks ( chromed copper pipe ) and have more range than my eyes can handle

Mario

Last edited by Supermario; 10-02-2013 at 05:12 PM.