View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 10:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

The wintertime slowdown with work has started to happen. I didn't work today, so I ran a few errands, then tinkered in the garage a bit.

The Bruder 574 front loader conversion got some love today. Under the hood is bolted the Sabertooth 2X5 that will controll the bucket & arm lift.
unnamed (42) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Speaking of the lift rams, I did mine a bit differently then my mentor's. I decided that since I added a LOT of weight to the model, it would have more force applied to the rams. That being said I abandoned the method for fastening the rams to the model liek his, & came up with my own version.
unnamed (39) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Here's the parts I used to do it.
unnamed (41) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

mocked together
unnamed (40) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

The "blind nut", AKA ribbed nut (I've heard them refered to both ways) did require some slight modification to the 3D printed parts that it goes through. I believe I had to drill (CAN'T remember for SURE) a 6mm hole about 1/4 inches deep into the print part. Then I used a M3x40mm bolt to go through both of my custom built aluminum parts, into the blind nut. Between the alum part, & the actuator there is a washer, followed by an M3 nut, then 5 more washers. There is a locknut behind the custom aluminum parts that holds the actuator to it.

one more pic, showing the wiring of the 2X5 controller finished.
unnamed (43) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Tomorrow, I hope to start the wiring for the wheel motors!