Thread: RCP Compound
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 02:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGARAGE View Post
People will never get tired of you building things for them...which is a good thing in one way but not so good in other ways...LOL....I know what you mean by getting "absorbed" once you start with a build its hard to focus on anything else, I still have stuff to make for the 777 but somehow lost interest in the last details now that I started with the front shovel, knew I shouldn't have started a new build until the last one is totally finished..lol..my little brain can only focus on one small task at a time ( the fact that I have an attention span of a three year old doesn't help either!! )

So if and when you start a big scale model what would it be?? I'll bet if you have a few ideas of what you want to build next. I'm already thinking of my next build....heehee...a nice big loader like an L950 ,something else big enough to load the 777.....well maybe someday, right now I need to focus at the task of building the shovel. Maybe when I retire I could have more than one build going at a time but at the rate I'm going I should be able to retire just a bit before the age of 95.
KP
Well I hope you are right KP. I have my concerns that I will fill the need here that people have for things that haul dirt and I will run out of work. I'm not interested in selling on eBay and I don't have Facebook so this is my only gene pool to draw from.lol I guess I only really need a few wealthy(insane) customers with long build lists to keep me busy

I'm not sure what my next scratch build will be. I want a D8H or K, super snorkel, feller buncher, two more logging trucks to match the KW(Pacific P-16, Hayes HDX), and I would love a wheel loader. All of these brain farts are in 1/10 scale of course and are in no particular order. A big dozer would be so sweet but having a super snorkel to yard and load logs would make the logging truck more fun... I hope I live a long time....

Anyway, I got this a while back when JCR Excavating was downsizing their fleet. Jason was well into the conversion but spare time for these projects was not coming easy so I convinced him to sell me some of his stuff...

Tonight I was bored with TV and my wife is at work so I went out to the garage looking for something "me" related to do. I spent a couple of hours changing out the servo drives for gear motors on the tracks, machining delrin hubs that fit inside the "planetaries" to hold the sprockets to the motors and buzzing out the center of the swing gear to make it fit. Jason has already done the hard part of trying to get the geometry right for the Firgelli actuators on the boom so all I need to do is build some better mounts(Jason had asked me to do this before) and get the chassis setup.

Here's part one. No pictures of the tear down as it came to me in a couple of boxes....

Stay tuned...

video will be up shortly - https://youtu.be/vjwMYT-Tymg