View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:13 AM

PetervR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hooded Daf 2800 european roll-off

hi
any cab is posible. once you have build a prototype like I did with balsa wood. balsa is easy to cut gleu bend an sand down, after that, getting is smooth with filler and paint.
when the cab is finished, gleu it in a box. fill the box with "silicone for casting molds"
in this case i filled the inside too with the silicone. getting the balsa cab out off the mold was the end of that cab. it came out in little peices. but having the mold that was not that bit of a deal.
after that putting the mold right side up. and fill it with pu-resin.

any cab is possible.
a few I made.

about the rolloff. I didn't want to use hydraulics, there issn't room for a spindel in the chassis.
so I needed to find something else. By builing the hyster forklift i had the solution.

the mechanical "cilinders" are in 3 pieces, and work based on pulling a wire. the first part is fixed to the chassis. and over the first part runs a wire that pulls the second part up. the third part is fixed to the boom, to pull that one up. there is a wire fixed to the first part and runs over the top of the second part to the bottom of the third part.
so pulling a wire with a winch, makes the boom go up.

to be continued

grz PetervR

Last edited by PetervR; 09-06-2012 at 06:15 AM.