Thread: Classy Shak
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Classy Shak

Hey Gents

I actually did some work on the Shak today...

I figured out a way to run the fifth wheel lock and have all the linkage under the deck plate.

I made a sort of bell crank.

Now I will be able to have the servo in the sleeper and no linkage seen.

I also built a functional release handle just like the real ones, so I will be able to unlock it either way.

I do have one question though, I'm sure Paul, Nate, or any number of you can answer this for me.

Is there a way to limit the travel of a servo or will it do it automatically.

The reason I ask is cause the throw on the lock is only about 1/2" and if it goes to far past the limit either way it could move part of the linkage for the lock and make it so it won't work right.

Anyway here are some pictures.

The under side. I have made this by pinching the bottom part of the bell crank between two nuts because I have to have a way to remove the fifth wheel through the deck plate. This is the part that could turn if the servo moves to far.

Here is the release handle.

Now all I need is some ball joints and I got it made..

Does anyone know where to get some 2mm and 3mm all thread rods?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive