View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Green Horn

SuperDutyScaler is on a distinguished road
Default paint flaking off after three months!(update on paint now 1/31/12)

let me start with this was not my first hard body paint job. Ive had tamiya trucks since i was around eight i guess, started with a Midnight Pumpkin that me and my dad painted black and it still has the original paint thats not coming off. Anyway when i got my King i wanted to do it right the first time, so i read how to prep the body and paint it. Well i painted the cab on 10-7-11 and my truck has been sitting on a shelf in my "man" room in the house. I decided to finish some detail paint on the aircleaners and such so i started unscrewing parts and the f$cking paint and primer is just popping the f$ck off for no reason! I dont understand what happened, i wore latex golves so i wouldnt get grease on the cab, i washed it first then used a prep spary i got at the auto shop paint store in town, i sanded the entire cab, primed and painted. I let it sit in the house for four days before i installed any thing onto the cab. Drove it a few times put it on the shelf where its been sitting. Then today i go to finish it and the paint is flaking off when i remove everything! What did i do wrong?

Last edited by SuperDutyScaler; 01-31-2012 at 09:18 AM.