Thread: Mack DM800 Dump
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 12:18 AM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mack DM800 Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by up9018 View Post
The plow will look great. Then all you need is a guy next to it leaning on a shovel and it will be a true state job.

Can't wait to see how you make the plow.

Chris
Thanks Chris, yeah I'll have to talk to Brian and get him to print me a stander with a shovel. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick O View Post
That will be awesome man
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
my old mack had a slip on plow that hooked to
the front axle and pinned to the frame behind the bumper
That's basically what I'm going to go for so I can remove it easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc13 View Post
Hi, I am glad to see that you have decided to build/install a plow for that bad boy. I love plows. I have installed them on several of my vehicles/machines. On youtube I am mbrinc10. I don't recall seeing any plows on your other vehicles. Besides buckets on machines, blades on dozers, and your Blizzard SR, do you have any snow plows that we have not seen? Well if this is the first I am sure it will be nice. I am interested to see how you will raise/lower the plow and angle left to right. I know some of those older truck/plow setups did not even angle, they just lifted up and down.
Eddie
Thanks Eddie, I have a SCX10 with a plow on it. This will be my first semi with a plow. Definitely going to do the up and down with a small linear actuator. The tilt I'll have to work on something, maybe a worm gear or something. I want it to work right but I don't want to compromise looks for function. I'll get it somehow, lol.