View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Ok, got the cylinder working strong. Problem is the pump I was planning on using is shot! It sucks air. I think the seal on motor side is shot. Oil leaks out when under pressure and sucks air when retracting piston cycle. It is a magom small 3mm fitting pump I purchased with a dump of a truck from fellow member. (Really wish I received pics I requested before purchasing, oh well my mistake). Anyone ever take one of them apart? It looks like the pinion is pressed on. If so I question how much damage I may do in the removal process. Might bite the bullet and get the small pump like rc4wd has. Another question for you is how do you guys plumb for a dump cylinder? Do you use a servo and valve? Just plumb pump to cylinder on pressure side with tank on retract side? Just one simple loop of pump to cylinder without a tank? Limit switches to prevent over pressure or the whole boat with prv and valve?? I know questions , questions right??