View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Rain day!!!! Get some garage time!!!

Well I am far far farrrrr from being efficient and aesthetically pleasing in my welding skills!! I am tack welding everything I can then silver brazing seams that will be seen. After learning how to braze I may need to make this truck as a well used and abused dumper. I've managed to glob, over heat, warp, and just overall make a nice flat new dump bed into a beat and abused well used bed!! Well the drive train will be new and shiny. Have to weather the cab now I guess. I know paint can hide and magnify but there is no hope for any paint job to help this. It's a learning project, I keep telling myself.

In this case pictures help hide,lol! It's not too bad on the brazing, once blasted I'm going to go over again and try and smooth out some high spots/puddles. But the little bit of warpage will just have to be delt with. On the second side I did clamp a heat sink (thick angle iron ) to the back side and was more careful of heating too much.

Last edited by Cooper; 10-13-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Can't spell or type