View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Scania Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
I just happen to see in the beginning that's you made the driveshaft. How did you get the spline in the brass? Or is it a purchased piece? Looks good , I like the color and I may have to look into one of these,,,,
Hi Cooper, here are the parts I use. The female/internal splined shaft fits snuggly into the brass tube. I cut this about 1/2” back from the knuckle and I run a little sand paper inside the brass and the out side of the shaft, put a little CA in the brass and slide the knuckle in one end and the remaining piece in the other end of the brass. I mark the brass so I know how deep the non knuckle piece went in then I use a small set screw, drill an under sized hole in each end and let it cut its own thread when I install it. It’s just to keep it from spinning. Put the set screw close to the mark so the external splined shaft doesn’t hit it. I’ve posted this on FaceBook and some where on here before but couldn’t find it. Hope it helps others they are quick easy and inexpensive, I never spun one yet but doesn’t mean it can’t happen lol.