View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mill advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
Used Bridgeports can be rebuilt but it may cost more than what you pay for the mill. I wish that I had the room for a full size machine of any type. That is why I have Sherline machines. I have 6 of them right now that get almost daily use. A couple of them are dedicated lathes for making my bezels.

I would go look at the mill and ask to see it run if possible. Check to see how much the hand wheels move before the table moves. This will tell you how much 'slop' is in the machine.

Good luck in your dealings
Wow that sounds like quite a production shop you have there!
Would love to see some pics.

I live in France and the machine I'm interested in is in the UK so I may have to take a gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Hey Stu ..you probably thought of this but its also important as to what you have available for a power supply .I am not sure what the average service in europe has .how many amps / volts ..Most of your smaller bench top machines out there will plug into most outlets and changing panels are quite expensive. anyway hope you find something great
I have a 3 phase 45 amp supply (15amps per phase) and run 3ph woodwork machines so hopefully should have that covered, but thanks anyway.

Stu