View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mill advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5inchman View Post
Hello Stuart

Seems we have something in common as well as an interest in your new project, I also bought an old Bridgeport some years ago, it also had a worn out Anilam Wizard DRO, can you point me in the direction that you bought your DRO from?

Also and this is a tad cheeky would you be happy to share your JD sketches with me?

All the best

5"
Hi 5"

The Bridgeport really is a fantastic piece of kit, not that I have anything to compare it to mill wise, would like to see some pics of yours and anything you have made with it.

I bought my dro kit here: DRO kit

They were really good to deal with, great comms, took paypal and arrived a week after ordering by fedex, great price too!

With regards to my sketches, theres not much to share really, they are sort of "on the back of fag packet" type thing.
Its a case of trial and error, I take measurements make a few notes and then machine until it fits and looks right, its all part of the fun

I can try and help you out with dimensions and wot not if you need it but it might be best to wait until I've finished mine to make sure that it works

Cheers
Stu