Thread: Sad news today
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 02:07 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sad news today

I remember it clearly when IHBuilder 1st appeared on the Garden with his 9370 dump trk build, looking for ideas how to tip the box with hydraulics... I remember it was March, but can't remember if it was 07 or 08... surreal that it's been more than a decade already.

Steve's makeshift lathe at that time to turn out his 1st set of wheels, was a cordless drill held in a vise & a hand file, his mill was a 4" side grinder ...and hot dayum how he killed it!!! Those Daytons looked fantastic

Steve has done some work for me over the yrs, I didn't have to tell him much, he knew what I wanted & hammered it out perfect every time... he was a lil slow though at getting it done, too many irons in fire, everyone wanting a piece of his time, but his quality craftsmanship worth the wait.

I met Steve in person at Cabin Fever Jan, 2012 & again in St Louis Oct 2012 along with his family, his wife helped cook us dinner Saturday afternoon while we were hard at play, his kids were awesome to hang out with. Steve was talking about a family trip out west this summer, it would have been the highlight of my summer to have had them stop thru at my farm.

Great friend, honest, hardworking, no bullshyt - stand up guy!

R.I.P. buddy

Joe