View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Wannabe

Mustang46555 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ZIS 150 Complete Kit

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the compliments.

The wood was stained with a "black wash" solution I make it from common rubbing alcohol with a small amount of black india ink added. Go light on the ink, it only takes a few drops to an old airbrush size bottle of alcohol. Apply with a wide brush, it may take several coats depending on your mix. Better to apply twice the ink does not come off!

The receiver is in the gas tank. The kit's gas tank snaps apart just so electronics can be put there. It will hold most receivers I use an 8ch Airtronics.

The ESC, an older Futaba unit (small) is under the driver seat. There are tabs at each end of the seat base that allow the seat to snap into place. I trimmed my tabs down quite a bit so the seat would come out better if I needed to get at the ESC. Also the on-off switch is mounted on the passenger side front of the seat base. Easy to get at through the passenger door and very hard to see otherwise.

Since I run NiMh batteries there isn't enough room under the seat and access would be a bit tough. I built a wooden crate that's in the bed to hide the battery. It's just visible in some of the pictures.

If you'd like a better picture please let me know and I'll post some.

Good luck with your build, it's a nice kit and a blast to drive!