View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 04:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ertl Ford 7710 Tractor

The ford pretty well stalled out on top of my bench. I did mess around some with another tractor because i had n20 motors that would work for it, but it's not running yet either.

I've bought up a bunch of different gearmotors, finally found 1 that would fit for both sides, but it had no markings. Then that supplier went out, so i'm still trying to track down more.

1 gearmotor each rear wheel, it might electrically act like a differential a little, but it would be against pretty heavy gear reduction to get that height tire to travel at tractor speed.
I know that in my in-progress bruder forklift conversion, parallel wiring the motors it can diff sometimes.

If there's room with all the other stuff inside, the plan was to run each gearmotor off a seperate esc. Channel mix them with steering channel for cutting brakes. Or maybe just mix them with a different unused channel, i dunno. The few real tractors i've messed with weren't equipped.

----

I've been tweaking on a ertl john deere garden tractor like maybe a 210. Because it'd be really wild if i can make it work.
And i'd love to find a model of a 1938 Minneapolis Moline UDLX to mess up.

----
If i were smart i'd have decided to do a Row-Crop or Hi-Crop model (tricycle looking), or have found a more collector oriented one, so i wouldn't need to modify the whole steering axle

Last edited by frizzen; 09-02-2020 at 06:28 AM.