View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 07:59 PM

Prop Shaft is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Capo 1582-2 Tatra T815-7 8x8 and Cross MC8 Man Kat 1 8x8

so theres 4-m3 tapped holes in the bottom of each axle case. Im not sure why they are there, other then maybe for adjusting the the ride height lower, or maybe skid plates...

I filled them with some screws to keep dirt out

I changed over to tamiya ceramic grease. I was worried about the sticky black grease not getting to the areas where the planetary's shafts etc. spin and not being lubed. The tamiya grease is alot lighter and flows a bit into all areas from what ive seen.

Another area where theres a big issue is in the front steering geometry. Everything works dandy with the steering until you add compression on the front axle. At which point the steering arms hit on the top of the axle. I played around with some offset rod ends I had laying around, and it seems they will suffice to remedy the problem. All i had was short ones, I have some longer ones ordered ill replace them when they come in. Too bad they're plastic.... I cant find any metal ones. This is the steering angle at full lock.

This is as far as it turns before it binds under full compression

Cracked open the 2 speed transfer case

Gave it a good dose of grease

When i cracked open the 3rd axle housing. I noticed one of the bearings had fallen out of it seat. Theres nothing to hold it in place.

Looking closely at it, the bearing is actually 2 bearings pressed together to make one. Kind of odd.

I shimmed it with some washers to keep it seated.

This is where it sits at now. Its proving to take quite alot of time to swap out the many many screws.