View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 06:20 PM
Green Horn

Tommy R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Peterbilt 6x6 Medium Hauler

Okay, folks, I need some suggestions! All throughout this build I've had the plan to paint the chassis the same blue as I used on the truck. I've toured a Kenworth and Peterbilt plant and on some chassis they would paint the entire chassis/suspension the color of the body. The entire rolling chassis would be assembled and then rolled through the paint booth so EVERYTHING would get painted. I love that look and it gives the truck a very "high end" appearance.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to do it (and soon!), but want some thoughts on it before I commit. Most trucks will have a plain gloss black chassis/suspension, but I want this truck to have a "well cared for" look to it and think a painted chassis would suit it, but I'd like to hear y'all's thoughts.

Here's a few trucks that I found inspirational. They look like work trucks that are taken very good care of, but they're not all out "show trucks". This is the look I've envisioned, for the most part....

Now take note of this one... The hubs were also painted the same color as the chassis/body. I'd like thoughts on this, as well. I'm leaning toward leaving mine black, though. Suggestions?

For what it's worth, the fuel tanks will remain chrome, but the straps will be painted blue. And here's a pic of the truck making a cameo appearance at the drift track in Houston last night:

In the background....