View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 10:43 AM

markturbo is on a distinguished road
Default Tamiya Globe Liner 6x6 & Flatbed Trailer Build

I've looked at the Tamiya Globe Liner for years before I finally broke down and bought one, I always liked cab over engine semi trucks. This build Im posting took place over a couple years. I bought my kit from RC Mart as it was the best deal with shipping to Canada at the time. I ordered the truck, Futaba 4YWD 2.4 radio, and the Tamiya Multi Function Control Unit along with a couple basic servos to get me started.

I bought Knight Hauler frame rails a couple years ago as I've had the idea of a stretched Globe Liner for sometime. I had to drill and tap a few mounting holes to make it work. Here's a bad pic of first assembly.

Laying things out for a custom front end. Headlights are cut down from the rear bumper lights. You can also see the mount I built for the speaker behind the grill.

Filler piece made and I made the grill from aluminum sheet and the factory mesh.

I also moved the front axle forward and started the body work to move the wheel well forward to match.

Filler piece made to reshape wheel well.

Made a frame rail cover from aluminium, drilled and tapped frame rails to mount it.

And started painting some parts, primed then sprayed some Tamiya Red.

Here she is after some paint, still only rear wheel drive at this point.

More to come