View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 10:44 AM

markturbo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tamiya Globe Liner 6x6 & Flatbed Trailer Build

Here's the Tamiya TLT axle mounted. Don't mind the JBL weld, I replaced the cracked axle housing later on. You can also see how I mounted the front leaf spring mount, this is how I moved the front axle forward. I used aluminium round bar thru the front bumper mount with a screw from the top side to hold it in place. And to get the front ride height just right I shaved some of the plastic from the axle housing where the leaf mounts to it and I also removed a leaf to get the front end lower.

I also moved the tranny rearwards in the frame to allow a workable angle for the front drive shaft. Here you can also see the mount I built to hold the MFC unit under the cab. The speaker is in the front between the seats. I also added new LESU tires

I lengthened the 3 speed output shaft on the front by building it up with my welder and shaping it on the bench grinder. This gave me a mounting point for the front drive shaft. Shafts were made from traxxas and axial parts.

Axle shaved,alloy C hubs installed and painted. Also notice how i mounted my MFC control board in the gas tank.

And after lots of masking here's the final paint job.

New front bumper as well

Testing out the 6 wheel drive