View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 02:44 AM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stahl dozer gear boxes and drive motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc13 View Post
Hello, I have started a project on my Stahl Dozer. I am making a couple of repairs and changing a couple of other things.

The main component that I am working on now is a gearbox for on of the motors. One of them went out last year (gear stripped). I didn't think that I would be able to find just a gearbox replacement, so I started on the path of just replacing both the gearbox and motor on both sides.

Last summer I asked Ric from PMD if he had the replacement gearbox or if he could get them. He suggested to just get a couple of new motors/gearboxes.

I bought a couple of them not too long ago and just started on the replacement yesterday. I thought it would be a pretty simple fix. but the new motors/gearboxes do not match up properly.

There are a lot of little differences that would have to be modified to accommodate new motors and gearboxes. The little differences would need a ton of mods to make it work. I just don't want to take the chance of screwing up something. Also I don't want to spend a ton of time doing so.

I called Ric from PMD again and he thought that at some point not too long ago, he knew of someone else that was trying to replace a gearbox on this same type of machine. He was going to try and remember what that person did to remedy the situation with the correct replacement parts.

To me, I am assuming there is a lot easier solution that is less risky than me modifying the existing dozer parts to accommodate a new motor/gearbox.

I have not heard back from Ric and I am not sure how long that will take for him to find out, so I thought I would as on here to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,
Eddie
few more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1310 (1).jpg (157 Bytes, 185 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1313.jpg (157 Bytes, 184 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1312.jpg (157 Bytes, 186 views)