View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Green Horn

Straywolf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first Truck and Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcam2 View Post
Hi Straywolf

What tyres and rims did you use on your trailer, if you don't mind me asking were you got them from too?

Regards From Cameron.
Cameron the tires and rims on the trailer are stock from the trailer kit, i didn't like the way they looked here is some pics

The back rim is what it looked like before i easy off oven cleaner on the chrome and before i drilled the kit's rim holes bigger as you see on the front one, oh and i did spray the rims white also.
[IMG][/IMG]

So the rims and tires went from this
[IMG][/IMG]

to this
[IMG][/IMG]

and i also had some small brass tubing can't remember the size i just eyeballed it and it looked right i made air valve stems for the tire's and i used a shaved off lug nut which i drilled out a little for the valve stem cap.

[IMG][/IMG]

Finished product looked like this
[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive RC View Post
Great attention to detail, what size rivets did you use?
Thank you, the rivets i used were the 1.6 size head, i used brass for cab and hood and for the grill i used 1.6 head stainless bought from the place Scale Hardware, here is a link for them http://www.scalehardware.com/ but also look at Brain's thread on his Tri Axel Pete dumper build he used 1.2 rivet head size and they look really great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
awesome truck and trailer combo.
Thank You very much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.