View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 12:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Skeeters contracting services

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Who dropped a tree across the skidders hood?

Skidder winch, still have any more broken servos? Make drum, mount to servo. Wrap fake drum with same cable you use, mount servo and drum below body.

Since it's articulated, why not do a 4 motor, 2 esc setup like steinhdans bruder loader conversion with the 3d printer files?

Can the model pass for the early ones that had no roof or ROPS? From back when your operating position was a steel seat on a spring because "why are you whining? the rest of the crew doesn't even get to sit!"
IDK who did that, at the previous outfit, we acquired it from auction that way. Whomever it was, I would think they got sh!t canned for such f#@ktardery.

ALWAYS have broken servo's laying around. NEVER know if/when can use a part from a busted one to resuscitate life back into one that recently took a dump. I LIKE you'r idea for the winch, & shall go that route.

The front drive, I don't believe is friendly (space wise) to doing that with it. I'll have to look at it again. I don't think there's enough room to place the motors in it, without some serious fabrication work to the pot metal. I'd do it now(look at it & see)......but after a 13 hour shift, PLUS morons playing bumper cars & CLOSING the freeway for my commute home, OH, AND couple that with traffic for the State Fair .................I'm calling it a day.

I think she's a bit too new of iron for the good ole days set up. No title on the old heap, got it for scrap price, but I'm guessing early to mid 80's model.

Ya know, the more I about it, the more I think I may be able to do a set up like Stein used for his loader for this....................IF I cheat the tubing & place the pivot mount hole very near the top of axle

Frizzen, I could give you a great big ole kiss right now! you're a freaking GENIUS, or I'm a dumb@ss for NOT visualizing that. ESPECIALLY since I have a build in the works of a loader that uses that very system on it! I need to think OUTSIDE the box more often. I got so use to Traxxas & the OEM parts, couple that with newish to figuring out ways to convert things that aren't READILY available in the RC world