View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Hour Bruder Dozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
RCP57-nice work on the conversion. How did you possibly weld those 4-40 nuts? Did you have a jig? Did you consider using button head screws on the pads? Guess it really doesn"t matter though but it might look better. Nice work anyhow.
Thanks! Yes I made a jig a couple years back when I did my 955K. It is a pain in the AZZ welding the nuts to the chain but with a little care it goes OK. I didn't ruin any nuts so it can't be that bad. The worst part is the smoke off of the chain as the oil burns out. Man that's toxic! I agree that the socket heads look out of place and I ordered up something else but this is all I had enough of in my drawers.

Today's update!!!! After playing "dump box builder" I shut down the business side of the shop to finish up the undercarriage on my Lil Dozer. I made up a pair of sliders for the chain to run in where the rollers should be. It seems to work pretty well and I know other people us a similar setup so I think it will be fine. Once the new servos arrive I will beef up their mount and the underside will be complete! The amount of time I have in this has added up quickly. If I had given it more thought before I started I would have probably started building my D8K instead but this will be cheaper and that was the main reason for doing it.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked to be half way toward having a dozer!

http://youtu.be/bD40EylUQ-Q