View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2012 - Cabin Fever Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Wow!! Great pictures-Looks like a fun time was had by all-and what a great turnout of "famous people". How was the dirt? It looks like it might have been sandy and wet. I still can't get over the detail on DP9's dozer. Fantastic! And looks like it moves a lot of dirt!
Wish you could have attended Tom. The dirt was some kind of screenings that resembled "kitty Litter" but the small stones were hard. We couldn't get real dirt because it was way too wet to bring in. The first pile was there 2 days before we started and the second load was delivered on Friday. The second was pretty wet and I had build up in my bucket but not too bad. The material did pack very well and broke out real nice with my bucket and I had full buckets with ease. But the smaller rigs did have trouble on the small stones. Joe had some problems with the stones getting into his track links as well as the ejector on his scraper,but his D9 could really push! he knocked off a couple feet of the newer pile in no time.