View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 11:08 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: 2012 - Cabin Fever Photos

I had a great time at this exhibition of hobby everything, meet some of the great fellows that I had known through the forums for many yrs, and some of them I had a very pleasureable conversation with... however, didn't get a chance to chitchat with everyone, just not enough time during Saturday.

Spent some time tinkering on D9Joe's dozer, getting a close look at how well Joe skillfully built it. And tinkered on Jammer's JD450 hoe and given some runtime on it too. I spent a good couple of hrs trying to learn the skill of operating Smallhaul's dragline, I have new appreciation for Scott's ability to make it look so easy, I really struggled with it! Got a good look at IHSteve's machining abilities, noticing with each new part on each new model he builds, the quality just keeps getting more definitive. And also to see John's & Brian's show quality trks in person, that paint is buffed to such perfection that one would never guess the bodies were not handcrafted from metal! Truely awesome to drool over in person, not a blemish to be seen anywhere.

All in all a great day at this hobby expo! Lots to see, including everything around us with boats, & trains, & planes, & scale minature engines running on air, gas & alcohol, tools galore to drool over.

But I can't help but be somewhat disappointed that it was really only one day that we were able to hang out with one another & play together. Much too short of an event after travelling so far to get to.

I made it home last night, just in time to enjoy this luvly -36 weather we had today for a daytime high. I should have paid the penalty & rescheduled my trip home a few days later Scott, then perhaps I could have mastered kicking your azz in the slot cars.

Joe