View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 07:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How did you find your way to RCT&C

Started with toy junk, got out around late elementry school.
Saw an ad about 1/64 rc, got into tiny stuff Zipzaps, bit char-g, ...
In A&P school a guy was big into nitro traxxas stuff, sold me an already old then msc Rustler.
Few years later hanging out on rccrawler.com looking at Wheelieking conversions, everyone said wait a couple months, picked up the first release of Axial AX-10 kit. Comp crawled for a while.
Kept seeing cool scale trucks, went to scale4x4rc.com kept seeing all kinds of other cool stuff in big rig, agricultural, industrial sections. Heard after action reports about the 'Indy Show', and it was at a hotel near work. That's awesome, maybe next year. Same thing, you missed a great show.
Fgd launched this board, i checked it out in it's first couple months. That looks so cool, i hope it takes off.
Got mostly out while too busy working on the house.
Proline launched an early Jeep XJ, i needed a mini-me for my late XJ. An axial scx-10 joined me.
I kept going back to the excavators and dumptrucks posted on scale. I didn't plan to go all LilGiants style, but it looked fun. Smallhaul and Stuff made Unit Cranes into draglines, a way to dig dirt for well under the Hydro machines price.
I found a rough nylint Michigan T-24 Crane and a structo Dumptruck in antique shop. Rvjimd had a build thread on his crane here, maybe he'll share tips...

Now i think you'll have a hard time getting rid of me.