View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 11:31 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

As wet as it was this spring, now it's gotten incredibly dry with about a half inch total rainfall throughout entire month May, but the biggest kick in the nutts is the strong winds last 3 weeks that has dried out the surface & created a 2 inch gap to moisture.

My durum on gumbo land, it was so wet when seeding that the drill compacted the soil bad!!! A good soaker rain anytime after seeded would've cured that problem, but the high winds turned the clay into brick hard & my durum on a 1000ac has come up patchy, 7 - 10% never germinated... for Kriest sake - one extreme to the next!

And my yellow flax is shallow seeded at about 1/2 inch, same problem, surface dried out - patchy germination.

Got a boomer last night, 3 tenths in the gauge... it'll help, but not sure if it's enough... plus it's kinda late for the majority durum that germinated 5 weeks ago, a 2nd growth now, gonna cause problems come harvest

About 20% done in crop spraying... lack of crop growth also means lack of weed growth ...probably take all month... whatever, go tinker in the Lil Giants shop.

Joe