View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LR634 is HERE!!!!! Tracked loader

ok here is the box

its a big box

I ordered two of these 28mm dia aluminum heatsinks from hobbyking, if I need to I can squeeze it down and use it on the oil pump.

The fan fits! Well if I cut down the stock weight. I have plenty of lead to make up for the weight loss. It's an idea if I decide to put together a brass grill thingy to replace the plastic one.

Another picture of the heatsink. I've made them myself before by clamping the heatsink around wooden dowels in a vise and/or using a big hammer.

Nice big ol' battery! And it fits!!! I was worried it wouldn't. It's a little long but I can cut the weight down or cut a slot at the opposite end so that the battery can slide in that last part. It's a two cell 8 amp battery, should give me plenty of run time.

Here is the battery being charged/tested with a cheapo Turnigy charger. The charger charges via the balance leads, so its very sloooooowww. The grey brick is an Xbox 360 power adapter. It puts out 12 volts, up to 16.5 amps. The Turnigy charger maxes out at 800mAh charging, so the big 8000 battery will take quite a while to charge. I also bought a 3S battery for the Turnigy 9x transmitter. Now I need to clean the place up so that I can start working on the LR634.

Last edited by avel; 02-04-2018 at 02:51 PM.