View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

After work I had the opportunity to throw a battery in and run it. First I had to finish installing the skid plates. For some reason they were the hardest to line up get the screws in. I had a lot of clearance room for the screws but paint must have been just enough to throw it off. And realized that 4 of the bolts are inaccessible unless I remove the equalizer bar. It was bad enough that I was laying on the ground with the dozer between the bench and a table supported by blade and ripper!! I had oil in and didn't want to chance some spilling out after I had to clean up from the last blow out. I ran about 10-12 min on a fully charged 5000mah battery with ending with 41% left. So if I run two 5000mah I should be able to enjoy a good 30+ min of runtime. Is that what you guys are around? Sorry I did not get any video but I will tomorrow as it's being moved to its destination. I tore up my yard near the walkway (bunch of dead grass/clumps) but taking it easy on sharp turns in grass the tracks and guides seem to be working well. No hair raised scared cat in the tracks, they layed flat. I do have to reshape the ripper, being flat on the cutting edge it just balled up a lot of dirt. Will post more tomorrow.