View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Can I run more than 12v through the premacon pump? Esc says 2-6 lipo, I'm running 3 was thinking about running 4s. 14 volts ? And I know a lot of people overvolt electric motors, was thinking of running them on 4s? Or is this a bad idea? On robot marketplace they sometimes say if a motor has been know to take a few more volts than rated (and hold up). Reason why I'm asking is after looking at parts on the sprockets I would have to enlarge the hole on frame to have clearance for the larger sprocket. I'm not sure I want to go that way, I would have to get rid of the shaft end support bearing and rely on just the motor housing bushing that I already shortened for sprocket clearance. Now I'm leaning towards getting another 9 tooth sprocket, that's why I'm inquireing about overvolting to 4s. How would the pump fair out if I ran it at 80% max on 4s? I've always been told esc run best at wide open (less heat up).