View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 6X6 Quarry Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
Thanks for the info! Oh and I forgot to mention I really like your walking beam setup. I may have to borrow your method(s) for a future build
Help yourself Finster, I tried to make it effective yet simple. I'll have it at the spring meet whether it's done or not to at least see how the suspension works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmackattack View Post
looking good. Maybe add some axle stops so you can control the articulation? I cut mine of the tamiya axles so I can get more but it looks like you will have plenty!

looks like your bed lift will work just fine. If I can offer a suggestion. My Piviot point on my green MACK 6 Wheeler is about even with the back of the rear tire. I had it previously further back about 10-15mm but the truck was trying to do a wheelie when dumping or with the box all the way up. you may want to check to see if your truck will stay solid on the ground with the bed fully raised. It looks like you will be fine with a heavy truck but its something to think about

Hope to see this at the spring meet!
I cut the axle stops off and redesigned the suspension to get as much articulation as possible. I'm trying to push the envelope and breaking from the normal Tamyia set up, if it goes out and fails miserably I'll just figure out why and fix it.

I have your build thread saved in my favorites trying to study how it hooks up. I understand how it works but trying to figure the right place to put it without drilling a bunch of holes and moving it around so it doesn't get into the suspension etc. etc. is pushing me closer to building a set of dummy rails to test all the possibilities. I will have it there but not sure if I'll have totally done.

Last edited by TRUCKMAKER; 04-05-2015 at 06:51 PM.