View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 12:20 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1970s Dodge Tradesman kustom van

Thank you! It's a very impressive poopbot, i'm really glad he's letting me have print time on it.

Playing around with some Molotow paint on the bumper. Mostly cleaned grill, wish my friends robot had printed it pretty side up.

Did a little cut&shut on some Lego 62.4x20 tires trying for a more 'street' look than the rc4wd ones Ampro designed around. Uh, from their specs, looks like i shaved a whole 0.030 tire height from his offroad van. Hmm.

Van-girl said it needed more windows, so we're now at 4 bubble window portholes. Leaving the stock sunroof vent thing, unless she says it needs to have a flat sunroof.

Cut big round holes in a hardbody: Measure location on body for window center, mark, center drill. Measure window diameter with dial caliper, knock a little off that size maybe 0.020", divide by 2, set dial caliper to that, score body kinda deep, drill pilot hole bigger to fit coping saw blade, make radial cuts out to score, break out the pie pieces, knock the edges. Get biggest socket from wrench set that fits in hole, wrap with sticky backed sandpaper, sand, test fit window, add layer, sand, test fit...

This post brought to you by the largest tire manufacturer in the world, Lego.