View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Some of my collection

Hi guys! Thanks for the comments everyone! I've been into hobby forever. I used to collect anything that appealed to me, but a few years back I narrowed my focus and now I just go for the SP, SF, and DRGW equipment. Glad I did. It gives me better self control and I save more money that way.

Dan, I keep my models in a display cabinet, with doors, so dust is never to bad. A tiny amount does sneak in between the seams, but it's easily removed from the models. I have been using 'canned air', for computer or electronic dusting. That seems to get whatever little dust does collect, right off the locos. I haven't had to dust them in a few years. If I ever build a layout, I'll have to deal with it more. That may be a whole different story, as the models will be outside the display cabinet.

Claus, I know they are to clean! Especially for the SP and DRGW. I don't quite have the heart to weather them.