View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hayes HD dump truck...RCP's style

Quote:
Originally Posted by avel View Post
Nice idea for the motor.
Thanks. Only time will tell if it holds up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalelover View Post
Wow, I'm pretty much speechless. This is just phenomenal, the wheels and body work is great and the overall look is just spot on I can't wait to see the next round of updates.

I saw you mentioned you were looking for more scale looking hardware for the wheels, have you ever checked out lockedup rc, he's got a few different sized scale nuts, acorn nuts and scale bolts, ranging in size from 1/64, 2/56, to m3 etc etc here's a link for you.

http://www.lockeduprc.com/Hardware_c_21.html

Maybe something there will work for you

--Dan
Thanks very much Dan. I am fairly happy with how it is turning out so far. It always seems like there are a couple of things that could be better.

Thanks very much for the link! They have some cool looking hardware for sure. I did make an order from Micro Fasteners and received it the other day. I ordered some 2-56x1/8 nuts and they look pretty good I just haven't put them on yet. I think I will be making an order from lockeduprc in the near future though as I need some scale metric stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
The Hayes is looking incredible. What's not to love? This thing is awesome. Scratchbuild a lot of a goodies for a unique truck on a smaller scale. Wow! And the best part is it's practically finished!
Thanks Nate, I have been working on this 6-9 hours every day this week. I never seem to accomplish enough in one day but it is nearing completion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUIE 379 View Post
Reg, what can i say , im speechless , your craftsmanship and fabrication work is top of the range , its good to see something no one has really built before , and i love your wheels
Keep up the great work , you won't disappoint
Cheers Lucas
Thanks Lucas! I am really enjoying this build an like my KW, it will be a little tribute to local Vancouver Island logging history when finished. I just hope I can get the paint work done without too many headaches! I'm nearing the end of the part I enjoy...

Reg