View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 02:27 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Hi Hofabooz, those servos wouldn't be such a big problem if I could just pop out to the nearest shop and get some extras ... now there is this long wait between ordering and receiving them, causing the loss of my momentum. On top of that I then start other non-rc related projects making it even harder to get back on track.

Well the good news is the servos arrived, both the Hitec and the Robbe ones I found after checking what seems 100 on-line shops ... There are still some out there, gathering dust on shelves.

Not much difference in size between the Hitec and the Robbe, but that little bit sure helps.
Tried the Robbe servo in the longer fuel tank, and it fitted without the need for filing ... perfect fit. Too bad they went out of business. Another nice thing about their servos was the little plastic clips you could use to fix the servo in place instead of the rubber ones (also included)

Here some pictures for comparison

Here installed in the carrier. A perfect fit. (Took me the best part of an hour to locate the little bar to hold it in the front).

That's it for this short update. Now setting up these 2 servos and figuring out to put them on a mixer. Running the electrics to the front, shortening/lengthening wires etc. (all jobs I don't really like). Just have to get my head set for it.