View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 06:26 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Did the 2 servos today. Decided to go for the Robbe for the first rear axle and a Hitec for the 2nd rear axle. Will keep the extra Robbe ones I got for a next project that would need servos in tight spaces.

To install these, you need to set the servo to the locked diff position, and then pull the cable up (helps if you push the lever at the back up).

So servo horn in the lock position and cable inserted

Pulled cable till diff is locked (picture got messed up a bit by the flash)

Tension cable and tighten the worm screw holding it in place.

I ran the wire through the hole I had drilled in the frame (I also made sure the hole was in the 2nd servo holder I altered). Added a bit of black heat shrink on the outside of the frame

and red heat shrink on the inside

Next up the Hitec servo - picture in diff locked position (note the difference in servo horns! The Robbe one is way bulkier than the Hitec)

And other side (will need to come back out to touch up paint on some screws but at least I know it works/fits)

For now I put the 2nd servo on channel 4 that was supposed to operate the rear coupling I didn't install.

After touching up the red paint inside of the frame, pull 2nd servo cable to the front and fabricate a cover.

Had a look at the rear lights and how to run the wires there ... My first plan was to run the wires attached with a bit of heat shrink to the fender support, but I had forgotten to do this when I installed the fender. So fender would have to come off again. Still would look a tad "messy" ...

Since I would have to partly disassemble the rear fenders, another alternative (and more work) would be to drill hole in the fender where the rear light attaches, run the wire on the inside to the centre support and from there through another hole (widening one of the existing ones from 2 mm to ±3 mm) inside the frame.

Well, the wife had told me to get my money's worth out of this model and take my time finishing it ...