View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

That's one reason for changing out cylinders, look at my dozer from summer, and I changed/added oil several times. But I want to make better cylinders and hard lines. Kind of like the six million dollar man show, we have no reason to do so but we have the ability and technology to do so .

I've been thinking of going the hitachi way but I am a cat man at heart. For scale in the 1:14 range , keeping with the trucks, what do you guys think would be better suited? A 345d or a 374L? I'm leaning towards the 374 as I can build up the back some to make appearance of the bigger machine. As far as cab goes I may cut down or print new parts.

And thebigo, I do have the track upgrade motors, I tried them before and had some voltage problems. But this time around I'm using different esc and better radio that I can tweak how I want. The esc I'm using has a drag brake. I've noticed with this model that in heavy digging force you can roll the machine forward. I really hate that. I would rather have force to skid it than have the tracks roll. And with making new cylinders I'm upping working pressure. Ah, another question for you guys, I was planing on keeping the original pump/motor. I have the premacon pump it the dozer and it is flawless so far. By going off specs the rc4wd pump can deliver higher pressure but what is reality? I'm wanting to limit it to 25 bar- 300-350 psi. (If everything can handle that, I think I was running around 20