View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM

Exile Trucking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from Sooke B. C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Since you are pretty much my neighbor we'll have to get together sometime soon! I'm happy to see another Islander on the forum, especially one from my home town! I have no advice to give on the truck you are about to build(not that you need it) but I do have some experience blobbing aluminum together should you need something done.

How do you like that lathe? I have been thinking about buying something small for my shop since I have use of my Dads 14x40 at his place.

Reg
Hey Reg. The laith is sometimes a little big and then a little small. But I am always able to get the project done either way, most of the time its just right. I got it from kms for $2000 out the door. Buzy Bee has a 10-22 digital readout coming mid February for $1800 + tax + ferry ride.

I'll pm you with my cell #, you can come over and check out my little shop of horrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Mike, I forgot to ask will the band saw go slow enough to cut metal and what brand is it.
Hey Rob. That band saw is a ryobi from home depot. I't's ok for samll alum but its to fast for metal. It doesn't even like cutting my 2 ingh solid alum, so i got this pro point just before xmas to do the big cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseracer View Post
Welcome mike .. great to have u on here . Now get to work lol
YES Boss....lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Sue View Post
Welcome to the forum. Bet that lathe and mill will get lots of work...

Susan
Hi Susan. My machines of all sorts will be getting worked hard for this build.