View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 12:36 PM

Operator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WELCOME TO THE ROCK FARM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
1/8 scale should make it an interesting build
1/8 scale opens up a lot of possibility's down the road for other machines. Using the HF small gen as the power plant, would be nice not having the mess with battery's. It would also open up other options, for electrical servo mounted actuators, instead of Hyd systems. Run times would be as long as you want, or at least til the fuel truck shows up.

This would be pushing the limits of my lathe and mill on a few parts, But I think it is do able.

Still looking at other options with the smaller 1:14 scale. Til I start making chips, It will still be up in the air. Getting a 350 lb 10 foot long machine in and out of the shop, poses for some defiant problems.

I want to build some sort of crushing plant for sure. Right now still going over different scenarios. I might just do a stationary plant, and concentrate on RC/ing a Loader or a hoe, for feeding it. That way I could do the 1:14 scale, and use a off site electricity to power an entire plant, and run indoors if needed, like for a show or something. I'm sure if I did something like that, I wouldn't have a problem finding someone here that wouldn't mind feeding it with there machines.

Just like anything I've done before, I run through all scenarios, head off in 10 different directions, till reality sets in, and figure the real game plan the day I start cutting metal.

Sorry I got you all lost, I've find the way sooner or later
Matt