View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:04 AM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PMD 4:1 brand new split

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
hmm looking at the machine marks , I'm wondering how that was made the face milling marks go right through where the bearing boss is
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalelover View Post
I was wondering the same thing. The scribes weren't making any sense at all to me, I just thought he may have brushed it afterwards. But looking again they are def face mill markings,they start shifting from straight lines to the radius of the cap near the top but the right side looks like they go right into it so I have no clue either.

Ric should be able to take care of you, that def looks like a defect in the casing itself, not from the driveshaft or coupler. Keep us updated

--Dan
Let me also add that I am sure that this is caused by something I did, I am not insinuating that the 4:1 is a poor design or anything else. I am never one to go back to the manufacturer first, I always will try to fix it my self first. Especially by me assuming that I caused the failed to start with.

Ric is a great guy and his products are industry standard, I have met him a few times and have spoke to him more times in the past few months than I can count. Ric has always took the time to discuss, explain or just talk with or about anything I was purchasing from him.

Here are a few closer shots of it apart for the machinist out there, I will talk to Ric on Monday but my first question is still does anyone think I can repair this without machining?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]