View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 01:56 AM
Green Horn

PaulNZ is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Freightliner Logger - Built By PaulNZ

Hi All

a bit of an update:

Cab painted, not totally happy with it, must be the worst paint work I have ever done, I just could not get it to apply, it may still be too cold but its done now and its a working truck so it will do.

I am making my own sign writing on the door (paper version stuck on to test for size) and I have a pair of monster stacks that I have made myself to go on it, most of the lights are working on, I have done it so the low beam inner pair, roof lights and tail lights are always on, and when you go forward the high beam (outer pair) and the spot lights in the bumper come on. indicators work on turning and brake lights on when you use reverse as a brake but all off in neutral, all four indicators flash after no signal after about seconds. Rear cab guard still needs to be fitted, hood straps to stop it opening when you hit the brakes, air cleaners, the list goes on......................

Have purchased my trailer, this will slowly get converted to a true Jinker trailer as seen in my first post behind the KW. and of coarse I need to replace the pipes with Logs , you will see that I have already removed the mud guards an the main pole will be replaced with a square one, I choose to buy the pole trailer and convert it as it had most of the running gear I needed and it will work out cheaper than buying all the parts by them selves, plus I get to use it as I build it I will also make my own bolsters from either steel or brass so I can solder it all together as they will be painted anyway.

I still have a fair bit to do on the truck and the trailer but it was such a nice day in Sunny Qld that I thought an afternoon delivery of pipes to the local construction yard was in order, its funny, my 15 year old son was not interested during the build all that much until I started to drive it, he then took over and did most of the driving

I think I will make a bigger bumper for it as after lifting the cab and hood 3mm it needs to come up a bit, this one will be for sale if anyone is interested.

PS: being an NZ Rig under the Aussie Rigs Topic it had to be RHD
oh and just a mention the speed and power are really good with the 80T and std pinion