Thread: Screeners
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Screeners

Yes I have Neil, long time ago... I may incorporate something similar to that idea shortly in between the dirt lump crusher & the now small jaw crusher to get the entire mined dirt consistently fined for export. I'm working at changing how the dirt leaves my basement for yr round export.

All I got so far Jim is a few drive rollers turned on the lathe from 1.5" steel... cnc would be good to have right now for this medial task to speed up the process! Not much to building the conveyer itself... my biggest hold back all these yrs was finding the right material for an endless belt loop, and I think I may have it now with cutting the outer circumference from a 15" tire tube.

Some tubes have parting - mold lines on them, cut with scissors & get a fairly perfect cut for a 2" or 3" width, some have the lines spaced at 4" or so. I went to the local tire shop & picked thru his scrap pile of junked tubes... I've cut about a dozen rubber belts of varying lengths & with different thicknesses too (affects how much I need to stretch them for a firm fit). I even sourced a short belt from a small garden tractor tire tube to make a 8 - 10" feeder conveyer.

oops... said too much already spoil my own thunder with the unveiling of new gadgets in the Lil Giants quarry later this summer or fall. ...big down pour the last hour, maybe I'll have the day off tomorrow to widdle away at it some more.

Dreamt all this up while I was sitting on the seeder the past couple weeks, a great way to make the day go by, this great hobby we all enjoy!

Joe