View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 10:07 PM

hood is on a distinguished road
Default Re: hood's K-30 mall crawler

Drop bed almost done. Trying to figure out if i want functioning tailgate now or not.

Got tail light buckets! Need to figure out how i want to mount lense now...

next I gotta straighten out a bedside, apparently I wedged a piece if styrene too tight and it pushed the bedside out a tad so it doesn't line up with the cab. Then i'll work on slicking out the body, finishing out the rear light buckets, and that's about it with the body besides the tailgate... I'm trying to figure ou ta color scheme, I'm thinking solid white... Can't go wrong with white...

Also, I kind of want to backwards mount a dig unit and do line locked burnouts, but I also want to run a divorced tranny/transfer kit, so IDK yet on that part. I want to run a full interior but if I run a dig tranny I won't be able to I don't think... I want to install sound module, light controller, and possibly dig... that's 5 channels.... What do you guys think?

just ordered Dinky Alum GR7 tranny, and some MO stuff! I've decided to use a stock axial tranny as a transfer case and mount it at an angle inside the frame and put a disconnect that I ordered on the front axle shaft so it'll do some sweet burnouts! Been sanding and priming the body getting it super slick. Got some yota 2 axles in the other day. They were used and had a tube of Loctite in each screwhole so getting the three link mounts off was a blast! Stripped all of them out and had to use a cutting disk to turn them into flatheads... :shoot: Had to replace front housing and hopefully that will straighten out the steering cause it's kind of off, like toe'd out...

Found some drift wheels that are smaller than these but I'm afraid they will be 1.55s instead of 1.9s and I can't get an answer from the seller on ebay. I'm trying to figure out a color scheme and i'm thinking white body, and green/blue axles... Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about the sound unit, and a couple of other things that are bugging me but it's making some real progress.Gotta find a nice 4 or 5 channel so I can control lights, sound unit, and dig. Thinking 4 channel and pitting a switch on the lights... But I got time to decide. I ordered my super secret driver today also. I'm excited, cause he's "one-a them squiddly sum-*****es whit a truck-boat-truck" :alone: Don't ask... I'm silly, I know. Gonna make a bench seat for the front and back seat, and sit my driver on a 5 gal bucket lolol. Couple pics cause I love to mock it up ever so often.

And that is where I am currently. For sound module I want it to sound like a hopped up duramax, so Servonaut SMX when I can afford it...