View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT / Indy

I got another cheap chinese 20a esc with brake (like my VW T2 has) and i got it set up on the transaxle. Seems to have good torque and plenty of speed with my new motor and faster ratios.

Steering is just a horizon spms401 servo, like the vw. I'm going to have to think a while about mounts and linkages

I started hacking a cheap micro servo for a lighting control. I got the board pulled out, changed the pot to resistor Y bridge, and retested with motor still attached. That'll work great once i grab some other resistors to start building light harnesses. I'm thinking 1 servo board for light control, 1 for headlight up/down both on same channel. I don't think i really need to bother with seperate controlled running lights and headlights, just having working flippy lights should be plenty.

--
With the fire pumper it will be a big project as i'd like to go pretty hard to make it really worth doing. Normal drive function, maybe shifting, lights, siren, airhorn, deck monitor pan/tilt, water pump...
But then it needs a Fire Station to hang out at, with the ambulance. Maybe a building (with silk-flames) to respond to. Then probably some figures dressed in the right vintage.

Last edited by frizzen; 11-06-2017 at 10:21 PM.