View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 12:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Thanks ed, first time testing with cylinders they leaked a little bit. And then more,,, I took them apart and found some significant scratches on them and first stage tube wasn't 100% round. Tough getting seamless tubes perfectly round. Some re working and re-polishing brought them back. When I was working the air out of them the left side continued to leak. But after about 8-10 cycles they completely stopped leaking!! I'm not aware of the rings swellig but whatever was leaking past seals stopped. . I did install larger hoses from valve to cylinders (6mm lines) to help with cycle speeds. As far as lifting capabilities, whatever I can put in , it will dump. And haven't changed psi yet , still running around 100 psi. I'm going to have pump speed 100% when lift cylinders are engaged and running around 49-50% when just using steering cylinders. Also have to tame down initial starting and stopping. Will do that with radio settings. A lot of weight and stress on driveline, don't want to snap it . I'm my opinion I would Ike to see more top speed but can't sacrifice the bottom end torque. She is probably going to be more slow driven than fast.